Jeans have been around for decades and are often the most obvious dress code for big guys. Having a unique body shape sometimes creates a challenge as sometimes the numbers in particular jeans just don’t add up.
Your clothing speaks volumes to people just looking at your appearance, but it is even quite challenging to you to find the right fashion for overweight men.
Not everyone is built with the same physique and so finding the best pants for fat men out of thousands of mass-produced jeans for big guys can be chaotic. But after reading I am certain you will have an idea how to make this easier.
This page has affiliate links & we may receive commission through the following chosen links at no additional cost to you.
As men, we all want to look handsome in spite of our body shape. We will need the best pants for fat men for these occasions of course.
You need a product that is comfortable, durable, price value and stylish. Some jeans may have an elastic waistband or natural waist but will still provide all of these to give you the perfect pair of jeans.
What are the best jeans for overweight men? Let’s see! We have quite a few options, but it’s really up to the quality or looks you are going for.
Table of Contents
Best Jeans for Fat Guys
#1. Levi’s 511 Men’s Slim Jeans
Levi’s 511 is currently trending across the world. It is one of the best skinny jeans for bigger guys. This could easily be anyone’s go-to jeans not only for the competitive price but the exceptional quality. These are washer and dryer safe with their impeccable cotton material. These overweight men’s jeans will not only give you a handsome look but are super comfortable. The waists are really stretchy so you’ll be looking thinner in no time.
Here are more details about these jeans:
- Material: Levi’s Flex advanced stretch technology, 70 % cotton denim. Levi’s 511 boasts its triple-needle stitching adding long-lost quality and mobile texture to the jeans.
- Double Front: These jeans do not feature a double front.
- Pockets: The five-pocket design is seamless and can carry a wide variety of things without a bulge due to the stretch technology embedded within the jeans.
- Fit: The comfortable-fitting jeans allow for fast movement and are durable in the most tedious working conditions.
- Tool Loop: There is no tool loop featured on Levi’s 511.
Click here to buy Levi’s 511 skinny stretch men’s jeans available at Amazon.
#2. Wrangler Men’s Regular Fit Stretch Jean
Do you want to be the good-looking guy she expects to see on the date? Then try Wrangler Men’s Rugged Wear Regular-Fit Stretch Jean. The price quality is mind-blowing, but giving you that handsome look is its real feature. Trending since its creation almost 70 years ago, these big guy jeans can be worn on any occasion with quite a number of shades to choose from. The rugged wear showcases the strength and durability of these jeans.
Here are more details about these jeans:
- Material: The Wrangler Rugged Wear jeans are made with 80% cotton and 20% denim. The material is stitched well and aims at providing soft comfortable wear for long periods.
- Double Front: No double front is present, but the jeans stylish design is not affected by the omission of this.
- Pockets: A stylish five-pocket design that stretches to provide mobility for big guys to place gadgets or wallets in.
- Fit: Gives a loose feeling on the body, but provides the straight jeans/ skinny jeans look.
- Tool Loop: Wrangler Men’s Rugged Wear does not feature a tool loop, but strong loops are provided around the pocket which makes these jeans suitable for adding tool pockets.
Click here to buy wrangler men’s stretch jeans with flex-fit waist available at Amazon.
#3. Harbour Bay by DXL Big and Tall Continuous Comfort Stretch Jeans
If you feel you are too big for jeans wait until you see the Harbour Bay by DXL Big and Tall Continuous Comfort Stretch Jeans, Black. These jeans provide comfort and a nice style for overweight men. But it’s an absolute winner for you, with its great hidden elastic waistband. What is even better is that you can wear those everywhere without wondering if it will be too tight or too formal.
Here are more details about these jeans:
- Material: Harbour Bay by DXL Big and Tall jeans are made with 99% cotton and 1% Spandex is machine washable and easy to wash with hand because of the quality cotton used in production.
- Double Front: Very stylish even without the conventional double front.
- Pockets: Features five-strong pockets suitable for small stationeries and even eyewear.
- Fit: Boasting the best quality look for its comfortable stretch performance.
- Tool Loop: The tool loop is not present but these are still a rough pair of jeans.
Check the current price of harbor bay continuous comfort jeans available at Amazon.
#4. Levi’s Men’s 502 Taper Jean
You want flexible overweight men’s jeans. Well, perhaps you should try out the Levi’s Men’s 502 Taper Jean. It’s for the bigger men who want a simple look, but still, be good-looking and comfortable. These jeans sit below the waist and have a slightly tapered leg, just the style that is trending now. Again its value for money this quality product ranges from as low as $25. Who can beat that?
Here are more details about these jeans:
- Material: Made with 99% cotton and 1% Spandex is machine washable and durable. These brand-named jeans can be worn for work and play and still provides resistance to wear and tear.
- Double Front: Levi’s Men 502 is modernly styled and does not provide a double-front design.
- Pockets: Carries five symmetrical pockets which provide a good style and a place for your coins at the same time.
- Fit: Levi’s 502 allows overweight men to look stylish while feeling super comfortable.
- Tool Loop: The quality design though lacking a tool loop provides string pockets to attach light tools onto.
Check the current price of levis 502 jeans available at Amazon.
#5. Men’s Lee Motion Stretch Jeans
For the men who are on the go working, traveling, and constantly moving up and down. You have met your match with Lee Men’s Performance Series Extreme Motion Slim Straight Leg Jean.
These are the optimum jeans for overweight men who want to have comfort, but extreme style is the way to go. The jeans have a timeless look with their seamless straight legs.
Here are more details about these jeans:
- Material: Lee Men’s Motion Slim Jeans are made with various products based on their colour and styles. The jeans are made with materials like cotton, spandex, and polyester.
- Double Front: With the quality styles you will not be missing this absent feature.
- Pockets: The original five-pocket design is in all these jeans with a trending twist. The durable pockets make it suited for almost any occasion.
- Fit: They are stylish and comfortable slim-fit jeans that ride the waist nicely allowing for easy movements.
- Tool Loop: Lees Men’s performance series jeans do not feature a tool loop.
Click here to buy Lee motion stretch jeans available at Amazon.
Other Jeans for Big Guys to Consider
- #6. Wrangler Riggs Workwear Men’s Carpenter Jeans – Wrangler Riggs is USA brand jeans sourced from all over the world. These roomy jeans are extremely comfortable and created by a hardworking team who carefully craft the jeans in such a way to provide quality for fat guys. The company has been operating since 1904, its headquarters is based in North Carolina. Click this link to view these wrangler jeans at Amazon
- #7. Lucky Brand Men’s 410 Athletic Fit Jeans –Lucky Brand Men’s jeans are definitely a fortunate pick. This US denim company was started in Vernon, California. These jeans aim to give a comfortable and relaxing fit. Click the link to view the stylish jeans at Amazon.
- #8. Nautica Men’s 5 Pocket Relaxed Fit Stretch Jean– The Nautica Men Relaxed Fit Stretch Jean is by 1983, New York based high-end brand Nautica. Their pants are made in various styles to fit overweight men. The Nautica Men’s 5 Pocket Relaxed Fit Stretch Jeans boast quality styles and straight legs. Click this link to view these Nautica jeans at amazon.
- #9. Silver Jeans Co. Men’s Zac Relaxed Fit Straight Leg Jeans– The Zac Relaxed Fit Straight Leg jeans are created by the designer jeans denim company. The family-owned company has been selling clothes since 192. The straight-leg Zac Relaxed Fit is a straight pair of jeans that sits below the waist comfortably. Click here to view these silver jeans at Amazon.
- #10. ZLZ Slim Fit Jeans– ZLZ Slim fit jeans are sold by the New York company ZLZ textiles. The Union Street company has been actively producing trending oversized men’s jeans at very low prices. The jeans are fashionable and colorful, while maintaining their stretch and comfort. Click the link to view the Slim Fit Men’s jeans on Amazon.
5 Things to Consider Before Buying Jeans for Big Guys
#1. The look
We all would love to go into the store and just look at the perfect jeans and purchase it like we do the latest iPhone. But jeans for heavy guys create a way bigger challenge.
The jeans you choose can cause you to look extremely attractive or like you are bursting from their jeans. We know that no one company knows your size, but these jeans cover all the big guys with their quality and cost.
Your most comfortable clothing should be the same for the look and feel and this is the luxury that’s provided by these jeans.
Skinny jeans for bigger guys make you look neater and more handsome, but it is really the look you are going for that becomes a variable when considering purchasing jeans.
Your body shape will influence your look, sometimes your belly may be rounder than your legs, but you can get the perfect pair of jeans if you look in the right place.
Whether you are going for a loose-fitting look or you want a closer fit.
Each pair of jeans for heavy guys will have different pros and cons and so the look you aim for will play a vital role.
You are an oversize guy and so naturally you want jeans with stretch technology for your body. Does it include an elastic waistband?
How well your jeans stretch will determine if it’s going to pull apart due to your size. You want to choose a jeans that stretches well and will not burst its stitches.
Durability should always be considered. To spot quality jeans you want to look at the weight, my heavy jeans are always long-lasting.
You also need to look at the stitch quality so you know it will not pull apart after one wash. One of the major things that we omit when buying the right jeans for big guys is the pattern, is it comfortable and timeless?
You have to take some things into consideration, like how long will it last? Are these jeans washer and dryer safe or will it get damaged?
Some jeans may be a bit pricey than others, but the long term quality is priceless, so you want to basically invest in quality for your bucks. It doesn’t make sense that you have to keep purchasing the same jeans because it’s not good quality. The price of a brand doesn’t make your jeans durable. It is really the quality and so you look at the weight, the threading and stretch proportions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I find the right jeans for my overweight body type?
One thing that most of us overweight people tend to do is ignore our body weight and measurements and this is the first step in identifying the correct jeans for you, knowing your size.
You also need to know the price and quality of products. Is this a reasonable price? Is this material really durable?
Should I wear jeans over or under my belly?
Now it’s not everywhere you go you want to wear high waist jeans. If you wear your jeans over your belly it will seem like you are wearing big oversized jeans.
It is always better to wear your jeans on your waist or under your belly. This gives you a more impressive and attractive look.
How to buy the perfect pair of jeans for overweight men?
You must make certain considerations, the size of the persona and the look he is going for.
You want to have roomy, well-fitted jeans rocking, but at the same time, you want them to be comfortable, machine washable and long-lasting.
These are the key things that come up when purchasing jeans for an overweight man, but another vital thing is to ensure that it’s not too expensive.
Who makes the best jeans for fat guys? (Best Brand)
It’s widely accepted that Wrangler and Levi’s are the best brands for fat guys, but there are quite a few contenders on our list that can easily dethrone these two companies.
The main faucet that makes jeans best for fat guys is its durability and comfort.
Each pair of oversized jeans should be looking and feeling comfortable. You will see the better jeans are heavier and well stitched.
Better prices for quality are always accepted and other brands may be way cheaper than the two universally accepted brands, because they may be equivalent in quality, style and comfort.
Now you have seen the different opinions, which jeans will you choose? It is true that all of these jeans provide comfort and are similar in designs and quality.
And ultimately it’s up to the individual person to decide their fabric preference, the colour options or designs they would like.
Most importantly the price options of some of these jeans are twice the price of another, but does the cheaper one offer the same durability?
The cost and quality is a major issue at purchase, you don’t want to have to purchase six jeans in a month because the first one is pulling apart or losing its colour.
We recommend wearing a mid or high rise jean for men with larger stomachs. Trousers that sit below the belly elongates the torso, making the stomach appear larger and the legs look shorter. Avoid any cut that bunches at the ankle and opt for a soft tapered jean.What jeans to wear if you have a big stomach? ›
In terms of hiding belly fat, high-waisted jeans could become your new best friend. Simply put, high-rise jeans help you hide belly fat by covering and smoothing the area. Wide Leg: In response to the skinny jeans phenomenon, wide-leg styles have become more popular as a way to offer something different.How should men with big belly wear jeans? ›
For God's sake, wear your pants around your middle.
Avoid Dunlop's Disease, when your belly done lops over your belt, by buying pants with a waist size and rise large enough to pull up to right below your navel, and then wear them like that. While you're at it, buy yourself a longer belt too.
- ARIAT. ...
- Carhartt. Relaxed Fit Holter Jeans. ...
- Hudson Jeans. Dillon Easy Straight in Edgeview. ...
- Levi's® Mens. 541 Athletic Fit. ...
- Levi's® Mens. 569® Loose Straight Fit. ...
- Lucky Brand. 181 Relaxed Straight in Bluff Lake. ...
- Nautica. Big and Tall Relaxed Fit in Pure Adriatic Wash. ...
- Lucky Brand. 410 Athletic Slim Fit Jeans in Grand Mesa.
Dress simple, so that it doesn't become an overwhelming effect. Good clothes for large men keep the patterns to a minimum. Broad, solid spaces help complement your shape — be thinking solid-color jackets, lightly striped shirts, and so on, rather than anything with busy graphics or patterns.How can I style my jeans if im fat? ›
For pants, choose a straight-leg, bootcut, or tailored look. However, avoid a relaxed fit or trouser pant. For skirts or dresses, look for pencil, a-line, or fit-and-flare options. Avoid shapeless skirts that hide your figure.How to hide belly fat in jeans men? ›
Go For Darker Shades
If you want to hide or cover your belly fat, buy solid colour jeans. This is because dark colours do not reflect too much light, making everything look uniform. Also, avoid shades pieces. You don't want to draw extra attention to the area that you want to hide.
Wide leg jeans are ideal for tall and curvy types; this cut merges casual and trendy. Wide-legs are popular for their comfort and versatility. They are kind to pear shaped women as they balance out large hips and thighs. High-waisted, wide-leg styles can make you appear taller, slimmer and leaner.What should I wear if I have fat legs? ›
- Pick neutral-colored bottoms.
- Go for vertical stripes on pants.
- Try wide-legged pants.
- Accentuate the highest point of your waist.
- Wear skirts that end around your knee area.
- Go for soft, stretchy denim.
- Wear statement tops.
If you want to look more slender, opt for a high rise jeans. How do they flatter your shape? The reason high-waisted jeans are one of the best jeans to make you look slender is they typically reach the smallest part of your torso, which can create the illusion of a smaller waist.
Wear a jacket – A jacket is one of your best assets when it comes to disguising and slimming your mid-section. A well cut blazer will not only disguise the gut, it visually cuts the upper body into thirds which is a good thing because it makes you look narrower.What should I wear if I have a big stomach? ›
Pair any full-cut top, blouse, jacket or tunic with a slim base of trim pants, leggings or straight or skinny jeans (here's where the latter come in handy even if you no longer love them). Think of the latter group as a pedestal for the main event on top, and use this combo day or night.What clothes to wear if you have a big belly men? ›
- Clothing tip 7: Never skimp on quality.
- Clothing tip 8: Work with colours and layers.
- Clothing tip 9: Don't wear shirts üover pants.
- Clothing tip 10: Choose the right trousers.
- Clothing tip 11: Stretch clothing is in.
- Clothing tip 12: Denim is the right material.
- Clothing tip 13: Work with accessories.
Capris and other short pants tend to make your legs look thicker. Instead, slip on a pair of long jeans or slacks, which help lengthen your frame while disguising your thighs. High-waisted pants are another great option. If you can, stay away from skinny jeans, as well as pants with side pockets.What color is best for fat men? ›
The perfect suit for a fat man would be dark blue or black. The darker the color, the thinner you will look. Navy is also a great option as it has a slimming effect. Avoid pinstripes as they can make you look wider than you are.What should large men wear? ›
- Avoid loose-fitting garments. ...
- Wear suits. ...
- Opt for long-sleeves. ...
- Stock up on suspenders. ...
- Choose dress shirts with spread collars. ...
- Style with large accessories. ...
- Wear dress shirts untucked. ...
- Choose custom-tailored whenever possible.
The key to having expensive-looking outfits is by pairing them with simple, good-quality shoes and accessories. Add a pair of pumps and statement jewelry to dress up a look. I personally like to go for simple, good-quality jewelry to add to my outfit. Structured purses and belts can also make a difference in your look.What clothes make you look slimmer? ›
Darker colours will make you look instantly slimmer, whilst lighter or shiny colours/fabrics will highlight problem areas. So, if you have a wider waist, wear a brown or black belt. If you want to play down a large chest, avoid wearing a silver blouse.How do I get rid of a hanging belly? ›
To lose stomach overhang you have to burn fat cells in both the fat you can see directly under the skin and also the more dangerous fat that you can't see that surrounds your organs. Cardio such as swimming, aerobics, running or dancing will burn this excess fat store.How can I hide my hanging belly? ›
- Don't wear tight or clingy garments over your belly and choose tops with ruching or drape. ...
- Wear leggings or skinnies with longer, draped or asymmetrical tops. ...
- Create vertical lines to hide your belly with long cardigans, jackets and ponchos.
Now, before you start copping grandpa pants that sit above your belly button, don't. But, as a general rule, jeans should sit on the hips, while chinos and suit pants should land just above the hip, which will allow you to tuck in your shirt without worrying about it popping out mid-meeting.Can chubby guys wear slim fit jeans? ›
One large mistake that is commonly made by men of all shapes and sizes is the fact that most men aren't wearing the correctly fitted clothes. And most bigger men think they can't wear slim fitting clothes – WRONG-O!Should grown men wear skinny jeans? ›
Yes, men can look good in skinny jeans with the right shoes, shirt and fit. However, buying a pair that fits well is key when styling this men's fashion staple.What are the best Levi's for a big guy? ›
The 541™ Athletic Fit was inspired by athletes and designed for guys with bigger builds, and the 502™ Regular Taper is a versatile taper for every day wear that works for just about all body types.How do you look good in jeans with big thighs? ›
Styling tips: Dos and Don'ts for big thighs
- Loose tops that fall over the thighs stretch the silhouette.
- Wide or straight-cut trousers make the thigh appear slimmer.
- Skirts and dresses in A-line emphasize the upper body and conceal big legs.
Your jeans should sit at your natural waistline, usually around the belly button. They'll sag if they're too low; if they're too high, they'll cut into your waist and be uncomfortable. Men's jeans should sit nicely, you don't want people questioning how tight should men's jeans fit, do you?What type of jeans should a 60 year old man wear? ›
Relaxed and Roomy – But Not Sloppy – Jeans
For a fit that offers slightly more room from hip to leg opening, a relaxed straight leg jean is the perfect option. A relaxed straight leg style is a great pair of jeans for older men that are looking for a pair with more freedom to move and crave a roomier fit.
Should older guys wear skinny jeans: If you're over 40, avoid skinny and distressed jeans. This style trend is best left to the younger crowd. Instead, opt for a darker wash and a more tailored fit.Can men over 60 wear skinny jeans? ›
Answer: yes! While teenage trends may be in the rearview mirror, it's full throttle ahead for the slimmest silhouette of all: the skinny jean. As you age, the confidence you've gained in honing in on your favorite fits and styles is the perfect catalyst to try something new.